I love baking, especially around the holidays, but sometimes things can get a little “stale” in my kitchen and I need to go looking for inspiration. On my search for some fun new holiday baking ideas I came across something perfect! As soon as I saw this “Sprinkled with Joy” holiday card I knew it could inspire the cutest holiday cupcake topper!
Here some easy steps to create your own:
Bake your favorite cupcakes, or pick up some from the store (I won’t tell)
White Candy Melts
Disposable Pastry Bag
- On a cookie sheet lay out your parchment paper, this will become your “tracing” paper. Underneath place your card.
- Trace lightly the words from your card, no need to be perfect you will be covering this up with chocolate! Repeat until your paper is covered, you’ll want a few for practice and a few for any errors that might occur.
- Melt your chocolate or candy melts per the package directions
- Place melted chocolate into a disposable pastry bag and snip off the tip to allow the chocolate to flow.
- Pipe the chocolate over your traced letters, it may take a couple tries to get used to the flow of the chocolate, so don’t worry if you make mistakes you can always trace more! The thicker your letters are piped the more sturdy your toppers will be.
- Quickly shake your sprinkles over your piped letters, hurry before your chocolate hardens!
- Pop the cookie sheet into the freezer for about 15 mins.
- Once the chocolate has hardened place onto your cupcakes and enjoy! (be gentle these can be delicate)
I had such a fun time making these toppers! Once you get in the groove of piping your letters it might be hard to stop! Happy Holidays!